- Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers and inform them
Seven Things About Myself
- I love music. In the mornings it might be polka, the late morning I could be listening to the harp of Charlie Musselwhite, Cake for lunch, hip-hop for dinner, the Rat Pack to relax and Gregorian chant to fall asleep. I grew up on MTV, 70s disco and a bit of Conway Twitty and Johnny Cash. Despite my love of music and how essential it is in my life I don’t know songs, lyrics, bands, or musicians. I cannot sing or play an instrument. I couldn’t carry a tune in a paper bag.
- I don’t own a television. After my first divorce in 1994 I never bought another television. I’ve lived with women that owned televisions but I probably wouldn’t have chosen to have a television otherwise. I’d rather listen to music and read a book. However, I still occasionally watch movies on Netflix and Amazon Prime. I’m not a total Luddite.
- I’m an introvert. When people first meet me they assume I’m an extrovert when in reality I’m actually a high function introvert. I compartmentalize well – or poorly, depending on the perspective. I consistently score INFP on personality tests.
- I don’t care about sports. I’ll watch them and go to the game if it isn’t too hot or too cold. I only watch ESPN to see the highlights and be able to make some sport small talk. It’s more a study than an interest. I haven’t watched a Super Bowl in 20 years. I just don’t care. The only sport I pay some attention to is college football, and generally, just the Big Ten and whoever The Ohio State University Buckeyes are playing. Also, high school athletics are killing education and the NCAA should be paying all student-athletes a portion of revenue. I still cannot believe we televise high school football signing day. Sorry, that almost turned into a rant. Having said that, I do enjoy throwing the football or baseball with the kids. Also, the occasional rant. Which I guess is kind of a sport.
- I don’t hunt. Killing a grazing elephant with a high powered rifle just doesn’t seem like a sport. Having dogs terrorize, and then tree a bear, just to shoot the bear doesn’t seem like a sport. Lying in the mud to shoot ducks seems entirely too similar to Marine Corp boot camp. Don’t get me wrong, I like bacon and a properly cooked steak. I’m not anti-hunting. I’m anti-trophy hunting.
- I was a US Marine Corp infantryman. I just wasn’t a very good US Marine Corp infantryman. I feel too much. See the INFP above. In light of my current relationship status, the irony of the USMC’s motto, Semper Fidelis, isn’t lost on me.
- I barely graduated from high school. My high school GPA was 1.9. I think I graduated under the mercy rule. However, when I went back to college at 29 I graduated Summa Cum Laude and with nearly a 4.00 GPA. I took Intermediate Calculus for fun. My only failing grade was the Introduction to the Piano. Essentially, I failed a music class.
I’m nominating seven bloggers for the One Lovely Blog Award.